Monday, February 14, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - 02/14/2011 - WHO IS YOUR VALENTINE?

February 14, 2011

By Rev. Janet Marston

WHO IS YOUR VALENTINE? WHO IS THE ONE YOU LOVE THE MOST?

Sure, we love our significant others, and our children, and our families - but, who do you love the most? Is GOD on your list? Do you love GOD more than anything or anyone? GOD commands that we put Him first. He showed HIs love for us by sending His only begotten Son to be the sacrifice for our sins. Today, let JESUS be your valentine. Show JESUS that you love Him the most. Tell Him you love Him and show Him how much you appreciate His love for you and do something nice for someone today. That would be a great Valentines Day present to the One who created TRUE LOVE!

JESUS, YOU ARE MY TRUE VALENTINE - THE ONE THAT I LOVE THE MOST - ABOVE ALL THINGS - ABOVE ALL PEOPLE. YOU ARE THE EXAMPLE OF TRUE LOVE - FORGIVENESS, SACRIFICE, KINDNESS AND GOODNESS. TODAY, I GIVE MY HEART AND SOUL TO YOU - LET ME SHOW MY LOVE FOR YOU BY BEING KIND AND AND SHOWING UNCONDITIONAL LOVE TO OTHERS. AMEN.

LEVITICUS 19:18 (NIV)
18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5 (NIV)
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

PSALM 33:21-22 (NIV)
21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

ROMANS 5:8
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 CORINTHIANS 13:2-4 (NIV)
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[a] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment