Thursday, May 19, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - HAVE FAITH - WILL SERVE - 05/19/2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

By Rev. Janet Marston-McGregor

May 19, 2011

HAVE FAITH - WILL SERVE

Been a very busy and CRAZY year so far - besides going through a personal crisis that took a year to be finalized, I am still studying and ministering at a nursing home and state veterans home in Colorado. One of my little sheep (David) is on his way to be with Jesus and is on hospice care. It is hard to watch someone you know dwindle away - but it is also a glorious time, because they will no longer suffer and will be in the glorious presence of our wonderful Lord and Savior. I am also working on a bible study to start soon at the nursing home on "faith" - using several resources and also my own experiences, where my faith has been tested. Also, continuing to serve God through visitations and my global mobile ministry work.

I praise GOD Almighty for carrying me through and for forgiving me for my sins and for failing. We humans are in a constant battle with the devil and there are times when we fail. Sometimes it is very hard for us to forgive ourselves when we fail. The GOOD news is that JESUS forgives us and has already won the battle and the war - and we are victorious through the precious redeeming blood of our Lord and Savior! So, no matter how hard it is to accept our failings, we need to jump back up and say "Okay, Lord, I goofed up big time - please help me to learn and grow from my mistakes and most of all, help me to forgive myself."

GOD is GOOD and HIS MERCY endures FOREVER and EVER!

Trials and tribulations help is to grow strong, both spiritually and emotionally, when we turn to GOD and give everything to Him and allow Him to do His work through us. I have been there - done that - numerous times - and it never ceases to amaze me that GOD is always there to help me, teach me, and love me - every single time. GOD is here for you too - all you have to do is ask. It doesn't cost anything - just open your mouth and say those humble little words - "Lord, Jesus, I need You. Please, help me."

Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

MY PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR, I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH. AND, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME, TOO. I KNOW YOU LOVE ME MORE THAN I CAN EVER IMAGINE. I KNOW THAT YOUR MERCY AND KINDNESS AND GOODNESS IS FAR MORE THAN ANY WORDS CAN SAY. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME THROUGH MY MISTAKES, LORD. THANK YOU FOR WRAPPING YOUR LOVING ARMS AROUND ME AND CARRYING ME THROUGH MY TOUGHEST TIMES, WHEN I CANNOT MAKE IT ON MY OWN. MOST OF ALL, THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM MY SINS. AMEN.

ROMANS 5:1-8
(1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
(4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
(5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
(6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
(7) For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment