Monday, November 14, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - EVERY DAY IS A BLESSING FROM GOD!

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT
by Rev. Janet Marston-McGregor

November 14, 2011

EVERY DAY IS A BLESSING FROM GOD

I will be turning 50 years old in a few days, and WOW, I cannot believe 50 years has gone by so fast. This being my last 5 days as a 40-something, I wanted to post my personal thoughts and reflections on the Life that GOD has blessed me with.

Even though I have had a very difficult year, emotionally, spiritually, and physically, I am still blessed.  We are not promised that we won't go through hard times, just that GOD will be there to help us through them and deliver us from them.

From what I have observed from other people, most of them do not like their birthdays. They dread becoming another year older. They frown and act like it's a curse.

I urge you to NOT have that attitude. Consider how much GOD loves you and how HE created you on purpose. Life is a blessing from GOD, a gift that we cannot repay. No matter what problems this world gives us, we cannot fathom the wonderful gift of life that was purposely given to us by our wonderful Creator and LORD.

Tomorrow you may not be here - today you are alive and have people who love you. Life truly is a blessing. Take it one day at a time and celebrate your gift of life "every" day - YIPPEE - today is my birthday and I thank YOU LORD for blessing me with another day of life!

Your life, my life, all life here on earth is just a blink compared to eternity. And, when we pass this world into eternity, it will be a brand new birthday - a birthday of eternal happiness and love and being in the presence of our LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! Think of it like, I am one more year closer to being with JESUS and with my loved ones who are with HIM. What could be so sad about that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Think about this also - our LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, loves you so much that HE took on your sins - HE took on all of your pain and suffering - HE considers your life so important, that HE died for you. You are loved so much more than you could ever imagine.

Be THANKFUL for every day - for every birthday you have - and celebrate it with JESUS!

THANK YOU, PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR, FOR GIVING ME ANOTHER YEAR OF LIFE - YEE HAW! I MADE IT TO 50 - THANK YOU JESUS FOR GIVING ME EACH AND EVERY DAY TO LIVE FOR YOU - TO LIVE WITH YOU AS THE HEAD OF MY HOUSE - THE HEAD OF MY HEART. AMEN.

GENESIS 2:7
7 Then the LORD God formed a man[b] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

PSALM 143:8-9
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.

ROMANS 6:22-23
22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment