Wednesday, August 27, 2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - ALWAYS BE THANKFUL 08/27/2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

by Rev. Janet M. Ethridge

August 27, 2014

ALWAYS BE THANKFUL

I have had someone say to me once "Why should I be thankful?"  Well, let's think on that. I say "Why shouldn't you be thankful?"  The Creator of all things made you, on purpose, with a purpose, because He loves you.  He didn't have to create you or me.  He didn't have to give you or me life.  He didn't have to provide salvation for you or me, but HE DID.  

And for that reason alone, we should most definitely be thankful.  Yes, life on this earth is hard.  Yes, bad things happen to good people.  Yes, there is evil in the world.  But there is also good.  

FOCUS on the good.  TUNE OUT the bad.  TURN OFF the television if you can't stand to watch the news.  TURN ON some good music, READ a book, take a walk - or, if you are creative, go create something - go outside and PLAY with your kids or with your pets, or just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet that can cleanse the soul?  FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE!  Mine is in the forest and mountains, surrounded by the nature that GOD created, peaceful and quiet, where I can focus on Him.  Horseback riding is another one of my happy places and also camping, anything outdoors in nature.  Sometimes I go by myself or take one of my dogs with me for a nature walk. 

The stresses of this world can get you down - but it is up to YOU to get back up!  God isn't going to make you do anything.  He is not a magic genie to grant your every wish.  He is your Creator.  He is your Lord and Savior.  And, for that one, we should always be thankful.

GOD gave us free will.  Free will to choose good or bad.  Unfortunately, a lot of people choose bad.  God doesn't make anyone love Him.  God doesn't make anyone choose good or bad.  Love isn't forced.  It's a choice.  Make your choice today.

DEAR FATHER IN HEAVEN, CREATOR AND GIVER OF LIFE, TODAY I CHOOSE TO BE THANKFUL. TODAY, I CHOOSE TO LOVE YOU AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND MY LIFE THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME, NO MATTER WHAT THE STRUGGLES.  TODAY, I CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON PEACE AND LOVE AND JOY AND NOT ON ANYTHING BAD THAT'S AROUND ME.  TODAY, I CHOOSE TO GIVE YOU ALL MY BURDENS, ALL MY SORROWS AND ALL OF MY PAIN, AND LET IT GO - LET IT ALL GO.  THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME LIFE.  THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH AND FOR ALL THAT IS TO COME.  IN JESUS NAME I PRAY, AMEN.



Psalm 100:3-5New King James Version (NKJV)

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment