Tuesday, August 5, 2014

IT'S MONSOON TIME AGAIN - 08/05/2014

August 5, 2014

by Rev. Janet M. Ethridge

IT'S MONSOON TIME AGAIN!

Sure, when it rains it pours - but come on now, Lord, a MONSOON?

Been a rough couple of years for me, no doubt.  Seems like whenever traumatic things happen in my life, it's not just a storm - it's a MONSOON!  Like most people, things come all in waves.  It's hard to deal with sometimes, I know.

In 2013, I married the love of my life, moved from Colorado to NW Nevada to be close to my aging/ailing family, and now am trying to get my ministry/charity work going again.  It isn't easy to pick up and move 1,000 miles away to a place where you don't know anyone.  It's nearly 2,000 miles from Texas, where most of our family lives.  We had to look for new jobs, sell the house in Colorado, move
to NW Nevada (close to Reno), and try to help ailing family members in the process.  And, trying to deal with my own ongoing health issues isn't helping.

It has been very emotionally draining.  And tiring.  But things are starting to look up.  I have a great new paralegal job in Reno.  My hubby and I found a small place on 1 acre in the country.  Our own little homestead.  Started a garden, setup a chicken coop, started canning foods.  Still painting and fixing things up, but all is coming along nicely.

Trying to get settled in to a new location - new state - and take care of family issues - it's hard enough for anyone.  For me, my faith has been the key.  Staying strong in my faith, praying a lot (continually, it seems), trusting in the Lord for all to work out, no matter what it looks like.  Don't be fooled - it has been nerve wrecking, emotionally draining, and at times, I have whined, cried myself to sleep thinking "what am I doing here, Lord" - but we felt this is where God wants us to be for now.  So, we have to trust in Him.  We're here, Lord, now what?

We haven't found a permanent church home yet, but have been visiting around.  We sort of feel like a fish out of water.  I'm sure most of us have felt that way at one time or another.  It seems like it's just one thing after another, doesn't it.  Here comes the giant wave crashing down on us as hard as it can - look out!

Social media has been a real blessing to me.  It has helped me keep in touch with family members and close friends, so I don't feel so isolated out here in the Sierras.  Eventually, I guess we'll get settled down and will feel more like home.  Right now, still feel like a tourist - checking everything out and learning where everything is.  In the meantime, enjoying the 360 degree mountain views, the wild mustangs roaming the countryside, and being only 50 miles from Lake Tahoe and 120 miles from Yosemite National Park is a plus.

LORD, give me strength to do what You sent me here to do.  Give me the courage to stay strong and not give up, and help me to see the light that You have for me at the end of the stormy tunnel.  AMEN.











My GOD is the Almighty GOD - in whom I worship and adore - JESUS is my Rock and my Fortress - my Salvation forevermore!  (written by me, Rev. Janet Ethridge)

Psalm 89:9New King James Version (NKJV)

You rule the raging of the sea;
When its waves rise, You still them.

No comments:

Post a Comment