Monday, August 25, 2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - PUT TOMORROW IN GOD'S HANDS 08/25/2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

by Rev. Janet M. Ethridge
August 25, 2014

PUT TOMORROW IN GOD'S HANDS

Today is here.  Yesterday is over.  You've made it this far, so why worry about tomorrow?  Yeah, practice what I preach, right?  Sure, we all have those moments of concern about our future or for the future for our family and friends.  Especially, when we can't see what's ahead.  

When you start having those thoughts, remember what GOD has done for you already.  Remember all the struggles you've been through and how you have "survived" - yes, if you are alive today, then you are a survivor.  This world is only our temporary home.  Our ultimate destination is yet to be seen.  No matter what comes next, don't fret about it.  You are a survivor.  GOD is fighting for you.  Who else could do better?

LORD, GOD ALMIGHTY, WONDERFUL SAVIOR AND PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT, TODAY I AM A SURVIVOR.  THIS WORLD IS FULL OF EVIL AND WICKEDNESS AS WELL AS BEAUTY AND WONDER.  I WILL NOT FOCUS ON THE BAD TODAY.  WHATEVER LIES AHEAD, I AM READY.  I AM READY BECAUSE YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR ME.  NO ONE ELSE COULD LOVE ME THE WAY YOU DO.  I WILL ONLY BE FOCUSED ON WHAT'S GOOD AND HOLY IN YOUR SIGHT.  YOUR POWER AND STRENGTH ARE ALL THAT I NEED.  THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM MY SINS.  IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.


Matthew 6:30-31New King James Version (NKJV)

30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’


Psalm 16:1-3New King James Version (NKJV)

1          Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.

O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”



No comments:

Post a Comment