Friday, August 29, 2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - LORD BE MY STRENGTH 08/29/2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

by Rev. Janet M. Ethridge

August 29, 2014

LORD BE MY STRENGTH 08/29/2014

WHEW!  What a week this has been, full of chaos and tragedy for so many of us.  Seems like all of our strength has been stretched to the limit.  No matter what your limit was this week, there is someone you can turn to with all of your pain, all of your chaos, all of your mess.  Turn to our Lord.  He wants to hear from you.  He's just a prayer away.

LET US PRAY, LORD, JESUS, I HAVE A TOUGH WEEK.  SO MUCH CHAOS AND TRAGEDY IN MY LIFE AND IN THE WORLD.  NOT SURE WHAT I SHOULD DO OR WHO I CAN TURN TO.  I NEED YOU TO CARRY ME AND FILL ME WITH YOUR LOVE, MERCY AND STRENGTH.  I KNOW I CAN RISE ABOVE ALL THE PAIN AND SORROW WITH YOUR LOVING ARMS AROUND ME, PROTECTING ME AND SHOWING ME THE WAY THAT YOU WOULD WANT ME TO GO.  THANK YOU FOR FORGIVING ME AND BLESSING ME WITH ANOTHER DAY.  TO YOU BE ALL THE GLORY, HONOR AND PRAISE.  AMEN.

2 Samuel 22:2-4New King James Version (NKJV)

And he said:[a]
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
I will call upon the Lordwho is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment