Wednesday, August 20, 2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - REST IN THE LORD 08/20/2014

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

by Rev. Janet M. Ethridge
August 20, 2014

REST IN THE LORD 

Some days, I just want to rest.  Do you?  We all need rest.  Time to reflect.  Time to think.  Time to let our bodies and our souls renew and gain strength.  And, in today's society, it's not easy to find the time to rest or take a break or "chill out" - but we need it.  When we try to take everything upon ourselves, we get overloaded, exhausted, weak and, therefore, open for attacks from the enemy.  The enemy comes to "steal, kill and destroy" - and believe you me, is waiting for every opportunity to cause chaos and trouble.  Our Lord JESUS wants us to rest in Him.  He wants us to rely on HIM for our every need - our bodies, our families, our jobs, our souls - everything.  In HIM is peace that passes all understanding.  

MY PRECIOUS SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST - LORD OF ALL THE EARTH - I HUMBLY COME TO YOU IN NEED OF REST TODAY.  REST FOR MY SOUL.  REST FOR MY BODY AND MY MIND.  IN YOU I TRUST FOR ALL MY NEEDS.  IN YOU I TRUST TO HANDLE ALL MY PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS.  FILL ME WITH PEACE AND HELP ME FIND REST AND STRENGTH IN YOU, BLESSED REDEEMER.  AMEN.

Matthew 11:27-29New King James Version (NKJV)

27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment