Thursday, January 13, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011

Continuing the focus on the importance of prayer - sometimes, when I have trouble trying to come up with the words to say when I want to pray, I ask the Holy Spirit to help me. Sometimes, I will pray in the Spirit, sing a hymn, hum a tune, play a church song on the piano, read the Bible or just sit quietly and wait for the words. We can all be overwhelmed with problems, get confused, or just not know how to ask for help. Remember that GOD always knows what is in our heart, and if we ask Him to reach down and find the words for us, He will. He will help you and guide you.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, dear Lord, hear my prayer. Wonderful Savior, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, my Deliverer, my Rock and my Fortress against all that is evil, I put all of my faith and trust in You today, my Strength and my Redeemer. Holy Spirit of the Living God, when my words stumble and I cannot speak or utter the words that my heart wants to say, reach down in my soul, and You will find them there. I lift up all prayer requests and petitions up to You today, Lord, and ask You to put a hedge of protection of Holy Angels and me, my family, friends, and all those who read this prayer. In Your Holy Name I pray and give You all the glory, AMEN.

1 CHRONICLES 29:10-11 (NIV)
10 David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, “Praise be to you, LORD, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
11 Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

PSALM 86:1-3 (NIV)
1 Hear me, LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God;
3 have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long.

HEBREWS 5:7-10 (NIV)
7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered
9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

No comments:

Post a Comment