Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT - January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011

Be careful what you ask GOD for - because you will get it! All in fun - I asked GOD once for patience - HE gave me three ADHD boys (hee) - I asked GOD for humility - HE made me a mother (that will humble anyone). GOD is not a magic genie to grant our silly material wishes - but HE will answer you when you come to HIM with your true heart and soul - HE knows our every need before we do. HE takes care of all of HIS creation - the mountains, prairies, oceans and wildlife - why would HE not provide for us - HIS blessed children? Of course, HE will! Don't feel guilty for coming to GOD with your prayers and requests - just like any parent - GOD wants us to come to HIM - just be warned, though, sometimes HIS answer is not what you think it might be - but when you put all of your faith and trust in HIM - you can't go wrong!

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Lord, hear my prayer. Wonderful Father of the fatherless - blessed Redeemer and Savior - I come to You today with my whole heart - my soul and everything that is in me - I turn it over to You, Lord - I am Your child, Your humble servant - I turn my eyes to You - and the words of my mouth - may everything I do and say today be a witness for YOU and not of this cruel world. Help me to stay focused on You - and protect me from all evil. AMEN.

PSALM 119:36-38 (NIV)
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared.

JOB 19:25-26 (NIV)
25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

JUDE 1:25 (NIV)
25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment