Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 2, 2011 - DAILY PRAYER - DEVOTIONAL

January 2, 2011

HUMBLE THANKS

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, dear Lord, hear my prayer.

My precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, thank You for this day, so that I may see Your glory in the beautiful sunrise and sunset - thank You for this Life that You have blessed me with - through the ups and downs - the good and the bad - the deaths and the devastations - You are with me, my strength and my redeemer.  Thank You for my children and my family.  Thank you for providing for all of my needs.  Thank You for delivering me from all evil.

My soul belongs to You - above all, thank You for saving me from my sins, so that I may dwell in Your presence in eternity forever and ever.  AMEN.

PSALM 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

1 PETER 1:3-5
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,
5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment