Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 1, 2011 - DAILY PRAYER - DEVOTIONAL

January 1, 2011

DEVOTED TO YOU

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, dear Lord, hear my prayer.

My precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as I start this New Year, help me to stay focused on You.  Help me to stay true to Your Word and true to the calling You have given me.  Give me the strength to do Your Will in my life and not my own.  Give me the wisdom to discern the spirits, from right and wrong.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and keep my eyes focused on You today and every day.  In Your Holy Name, I pray.  AMEN.

PSALMS 1
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.

PROVERBS 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools[c] despise wisdom and instruction.

JOHN 1-5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

No comments:

Post a Comment