Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 12, 2011 - DAILY PRAYER - DEVOTIONAL

January 12, 2011

PRAY - PRAY - PRAY - PRAYER IS THE KEY TO OPEN THE DOORS OF HEAVEN - OUR COMMUNICATION TO GOD - OUR LIFELINE - THE 9-1-1 TO HEAVEN'S EMERGENCY ROOM! Call on GOD and HE will help you - but just like an emergency room or hospital - if you don't call 9-1-1, no one can help you - if you don't "go" to the hospital or doctor when you have a physical emergency, you can't get the help you need. Now, don't misunderstand, prayer is not the magic word or the genie in the bottle to get your wishes - GOD listens to your prayers - and GOD decides how to answer them - HE knows what's best for you - and HE knows your needs before you do - but, it's that 'free will' thing - HE won't push himself on you - you gotta ask. If a child wants a cookie, he or she goes to mama or daddy and asks. It's just like that. GOD is our Heavenly Father, and HE wants to bless us. HE wants to help us. But we gotta ask.

JESUS made it a point to teach his disciples how to pray what we call "The Lord's Prayer" - it is the all-encompassing "git-r-dun" prayer - when all else fails - when you can't think of the right words - say the Lord's Prayer - I do - almost every day. Sometimes, when I feel distressed, I will go somewhere quiet and say the Lord's Prayer - sometimes several times.

In the New International Version of the Bible, there are 154 instances of the word 'prayer' - and 367 instances of the word 'pray' - including prayer, prayed, etc. All throughout the Bible, you read the importance of praying to GOD, praying for your needs, praying for help, pray - pray - pray. How people prayed to GOD for their needs. The best part of prayer is - it WORKS - our GOD never fails - if HE says that we can come to Him for anything - if we come to Him in prayer and believe what we ask, it shall be given to us - then HE means it - if there's one thing you can remember - one thing to never forget - never forget to pray - that's your key - that's your stronghold to GOD. Communication is the key, folks, and since the beginning, GOD established prayer. Why prayer? Why not something else? To repeat myself, because it WORKS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That's what my gramma used to say - and she was right. Well, GOD ain't broke and prayer works - USE IT! AMEN TO THAT!

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, LORD, Hear my prayer. Thank you, Lord, for giving us prayer to communicate with You and bring our petitions to You. I give You all the glory forever and ever! Wonderful Jesus, You are the One I will call upon for my every need. You are the One that I will go to when I am sick, hurt, sad, or burdened. You are also the One I will come to to give thanks and praise for all the blessings that You have given me. Keep me focused on You, Lord, and keep them prayer lines open! HALLELUJAH! AMEN!

PSALM 66:18-20
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.
20 Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

PSALM 86:5-7
5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.
6 Hear my prayer, LORD; listen to my cry for mercy.
7 When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.

MATTHEW 6:6-9
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a] but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 THESSALONIANS 5;16-18
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray continually,
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment